Hit Counter

Friday, July 8, 2011

Thrifty Finds

I decided to hit some thrift stores yesterday.  I just felt like shopping, and thrift store shopping is 1. Something I can afford, and 2.  Fun, because you never know what you might find! 

I'm also beginning to get the itch to create or change something, so I get rid of all the kids and headed out to see what I could find!  I think I did pretty good.  I spent $30 and ended up with 28 items.  Not too shabby!

Here's everything all laid out.  As you can see, it covers my entire table!

 Here is the breakdown.  For Amanda I got the cute little hat.  Anyone that knows us knows how much Amanda loves hats!
 I scored this beauty of a dress for $1.  Can't beat that!
 She also got 5 shirts.  The one on bottom says Baby Girl.  We always call her Baby Girl, so I couldn't pass it up!
 And every little girl needs some sparkly belts!
I found these adorable flats in just the right size for guess who?  ME!
 I didn't really have any long sleeve shirts for winter, but now I have 4!  I also needed a white casual t-shirt, mine were looking kind of yellowish.  That blue and gray striped number is a lightweight hoodie.  Can't wait to wear it!
 Also in my pile is a pair of khaki capris.  Who doesn't need more khaki?
 For the men/boys in my life I picked up a dress shirt, a t-shirt, khaki shorts, a pair of jeans and a nice tie for church.  Yay!
 These are for projects I'll be working on.  See that pillow?  No one will be using it, I promise.  That would be kind of gross.  It will have another life, and I'll show you when I get it done.
 I thought his litle mail holder was adorable.  I love the swirls.  It will get a facelift also before it gets placed in it's new home.
 This is a flat sheet (full size, I think).  I'm thinking this will turn into a jumper for Amanda, or maybe a wreath for the summer.  Maybe both!  We'll see.
 And last, these baskets to help organize all the stuff in my bathroom. 
What do you think of my shopping spree?  4 stores, 30 dollars and 28 items.  I'd say it was a success!

No comments: